Agenda as follows:
1) Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
2) Lesson Study
4) Research Lesson
5) Sample Test @ a Glance
Essential Take-aways from the lesson.
1) A good education system is made up high quality teachers who are constantly upgrading and improving themselves.
2) PLCs, formed in 2009, is a platform to move towards a good education system by allowing teachers to come together to work collaborative, exchange ideas on learning and teaching and engage in research - reaching a higher level of professional competence and standing.
3) Three guiding principles of PLC
- Ensuring Students learn
- Building A Culture of Collaboration
- Focusing on Student Outcomes
4) 4 Critical Questions in PLC
- What is it we expect students to learn?
- How will we know when they have learned it?
- How will we respond when they don't learn?
- How will we respond when they already know it?
Links to more information on PLC: